Owners & hosts Stuart and Andrea welcome you to their small, sunny and friendly accomodation amongst Kanuka trees only 5 minutes by car from the start of the Abel Tasman National Park.
Kanuka Ridge Lodge and Backpackers is located on a ridge surrounded by forest and abundant with native birds. If you are looking for a peaceful and quiet location, Kanuka Ridge is right for you. The perfect place to relax after a busy and active day.
We can offer you good local advice on planning your activities while you are staying with us here in the Abel Tasman Region.
We actively promote conservation throug:
- The restoration of the forest surrounding Kanuka Ridge Lodge to only native species through the removal of exotic (introduced) trees.
- Trapping to reduce introduced pest numbers and restore habitats allowing native species especially birds to recover.
- We minimize waste and recycle plastics, glass and paper through our local District Councils recycling program.
- All food scraps are composted at Kanuka Ridge Lodge
- We use solar lights ( no light pollution to watch the stars ), gas for cooking and water heating.
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- No single use toiletries, all our bottles are refillable.
- All our rubbish bags are compostable.
- Drying all our washing in nature using the sun when ever possible.
- Our wonderful tasting water comes from our own natural spring. Feel free to fill up your water bottles !
- Waste water passes through our treatment system and grey water is recycled to irrigate areas of the forest.